Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Only Ugandans....!

BILL Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new Chairman for
 Microsoft Europe. 5000 candidates assembled in a large
 room. One
 candidate was Mapanje a Ugandan living in USA. Bill Gates thanked all the candidates for coming and asking those who do not know JAVA programming to leave, 2000 people left.


Mapanje said to himself, "I do not know JAVA, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. I will give it a try".

Bill Gates asked the candidates who never had experience of
 managing more than 100 people to leave, 2000 people left and
 Mapanje said to himself "I never managed anybody by myself, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me?" So he stayed behind again. 


Then Bill Gates asked candidates who didn't have a
> minimum of a Diploma in Business Management to leave. 500 people left the room. Mapanje said to himself, "I left school at 15, grade 7, but what have I got to lose?" So, he stayed in the room.

Lastly, Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not speak Serb-Croat to leave. 498 people left the room. 
 Mapanje says to himself, "I do not speak one word of Serb-Croat but
 what do I have to lose?" So he stayed and finds himself with one other candidate.

EVERYONE ELSE HAS GONE. 
 Bill Gates joined them and said, "Apparently you are
 the only two
 candidates who have all the required qualifications &
 experience I am
 looking for and speak Serb-Croat, so I ' d now like to hear you have a conversation together in that language.

And...."
 Calmly, Mapanje turned to the other candidate and in a hoarse voice
 said " Ogamba ki musajja?"
 (man how is it?)

The other candidate answered softly but clearly saying
 " Mwana, tuli wano tuyiiya. Ensi nzibu, abaana balina okusoma...! (My friend we are here gambling, life is difficult, yet the kids must go to school)

This is a fictional story showing the ingenuity of Ugandans

No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...