Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Tricks of Conmen

It is about 1 week ago, I was moving around town.
I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a
car. The man that was driving asked me 'What kind of perfume
do you wear?'

I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?' He said 'We are selling
some
name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money. He
then reached out of the car and handed me a paper that was laminated;
it had many perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and
gave it back. I said, I have no money.

He said it is OK, we take cheques, cash or credit cards. Then the
people in the car began to laugh. I just said no
thanks and moved away.

Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine.
Please read this. It is not joke. Here is the e-mail I was sent:


Dear Friends:

I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to, but I am
hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother,
sisters,
etc.. Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in
mailboxes and sickos in
parking lots with perfume. Be careful.

I was approached yesterday afternoon around
3:30 pm in a car park by
two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then
they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were
willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate.

I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks
ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume? ‘scam. Someone walks
up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking
you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS
IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out.
They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else.

The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for
someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing
at them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work.

If it were not for this article, I probably would have sniffed the
'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was
spared whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you....


PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND
PLEASE BE ALERT AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND
RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WIFE/WOMEN FRIEND.

1 comment:

Iwaya said...

Eh, the world gets tighter and tighter! We a program on NTV Uganda right now titled Trickstars...this post reads like an episode from it!

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...