Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kyoka Uganda Police!

Job Collins 21 June 18:18

Uganda Police never stops to amuse, especially their intelligence outfits. Today, I was treated to another spectacular "professional" services just shortly after 1:00pm. I had started my day perfectly, had a meeting in Entebbe then rushed to attend a brief one in Lubowa, and returned to Kampala, with an intent to rush over for some "chicken and chips" in Wandegeya. Suddenly, two "serious" policemen (one in uniform, the other plain clothed) came over, stopped me and told me "We have been following you, we have 'Intelligence Report' that you have a dangerous certified information which we must have now".

I looked at them, and asked... "who sent you and which intelligence report are you talking about?". Then, finding it difficult, they asked that I be taken to their postalong Kampala road for "interrogation and searching", I accepted, and we drove off to the Police Post. A man with a fat stomach sat in and I was ushered in. Two more men came in. I then told them, " you said there is intelligence report which implicates me of something, can you elaborate, because I cant accept to be interrogated over what I have no clue over. What is the reason for bringing me here"? Finding it tough, they started quarking.

The man with a huge belly, almost my size, gained courage. He picked a copy of the New Vision newspaper and showed me an article, with the heading ..."Police warns public on forged car log book" (please find the link herein above and also herein below http://www.facebook.com/l/9b8c5IHVh-2VDJW2XO4hhjalRAQ/www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/13/758148
Already feeling hungry because I was intercepted before reaching my favourite Wandegeya based restaurant, I didnt ask them further questions, I expected questions from them. Then, the plain-clothed man asked for my laptop bag for it to be searched. I gave. After searching the bag and finding nothing worthy of their 'intelligence reports", they started shaking in fear. Interestingly, they came across a document (an agreement/MoU between the organization I lead and a partner, stamped with my official stamp) and they started querrying the authenticity of the document.

I get pissed off and told them, are you supposed to be wherever I negotiate partnerships? Must you be notified everything I do and everywhere I go? Then, the men made fools of themselves, and with NOTHING else to complain of, and their "intelligence chief" seemingly in hidding due to giving FAKE reports, the policemen started asking me for some SODA, saying they are very hungry and has been working alot to trace me and other people.

Finding their request very BOGUS, I ordered them to release me immediately before I call in my Attorney and things turn bad. They Apologized and asked me to leave their office peacefully. That is actually the UGANDAN POLICE FORCE ON DUTY!


http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/13/758148

www.newvision.co.ug
The New Vision is Uganda's leading daily newspaper. {PAGE_META_DESCRIPTION}

No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...