Monday, October 31, 2011
Wapwoyo child mothers project : Kies een project. Steun het met je kennis, tijd of geld. Ontvang actuele projectupdates. | 1%CLUB
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?
First – Let's pose the following situation:
You're on duty by yourself, walking on a deserted street late at night. Suddenly, an armed man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife and plunges himself at you. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot, however you have only a split second to react before he reaches you.
What do you do?
BRITISH POLICE OFFICER:
Firstly the officer must consider the man's position.
1) Does the man look poor or oppressed?
2) Has he newly arrived in this country and does not yet fully understand the law?
3) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
4) Am I dressed provocatively?
5) Could I run away?
6) Could I possibly swing my gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
7) Should I try and negotiate with him to discuss the wrongfulness of his action?
8) Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
9) Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society?
10) Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
11) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, would he still want to stab and kill me?
12) If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed if he falls over, knocks his head and kills himself?
13) If I shoot and wound him, and lose the subsequent court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my family home?
AUSTRALIAN POLICE OFFICER:
AMERICAN POLICE OFFICER:
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 'click'....
(Sergeant arrives at scene later and remarks: 'Nice grouping!)
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
FaceBook status updates have become a common form of communication between friends and acquaintances. Some folks, however, get a bit carried away with it. Here are 10 signs that you update FaceBook too frequently.
- Before Reading. The very first sign that you may be updating your FaceBook status too often, is if you find that you’ve come back to read this article after having opened a new window or tab to post on your wall, before continuing on.
- Homework Updates. Another sign that you’re posting too often on FaceBook is when you realize you’ve posted on your teenager’s wall to ask about his or her homework. This is especially true if the two of you are both at home at the time of your asking.
- Serial Burglary. Your house has been burglarized 3 times in the last 2 months, because the creepy older brother of one of your son’s friends keeps track of your where-abouts through your facebook postings. This one is a sure sign that you are updating your Facebook status a bit too frequently.
- Recognized by Strangers. If people you’ve never met regularly approach you on the street and address you by name and ask if your cat still refuses to use the litter box, you’re probably updating FaceBook too often.
- OMG! Out Loud. If you ever catch yourself saying OMG! on witnessing an amazing event in real life, it’s time to consider how frequently you update your FaceBook status. This also includes out loud utterance of other acronyms, such as saying TY instead of thank you.
- Too Much Information. If your doctor calls you to suggest a possible solution to your frequent urination issues, and you haven’t reported any such thing to the doctor’s office, you’re probably updating FaceBook with too much information and too often.
- Status: Unemployed. If your FaceBook friends know that you’ve been laid-off from your job before your spouse knows, you are definitely posting status updates too often. On the flip side, the same is true if your FaceBook friends know about your promotion before your spouse knows about it.
- Unseen Award. If you look up from your computer and realize that your daughter has already received her high school diploma and is walking back to her seat, you’re probably updating FaceBook too often.
- Withdrawal. You may be updating FaceBook too frequently, if you begin to sweat and feel a tremor in your mouse hand when a staff meeting runs long and keeps you away from your computer for more than an hour.
- 3rd Person. Another sign to watch for is a shift toward 3rd person responses when someone asks you how you are doing. As it happens, the author of this article is just fine, though a little tired today. He thanks you for caring.
If you find yourself nodding your head or smiling sheepishly at 3 or more of these signs, don’t be surprised if a day comes when your family or pastor arranges for an intervention and takes your smart-phone away from you for a while.← 10 Things Benjamin Franklin Might Have Tweeted
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
What is the correct way of eating fruits?
It means not eating fruits after your meals! *
Fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach.
If you eat fruit like that, it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.
Fruit is the most important food.
Let's say you eat two slices of bread and then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it is prevented from doing so.
In the meantime the whole meal rots and ferments and turns to acid. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil....
So please eat your fruits on an empty stomach or before your meals! You have heard people complaining — every time I eat watermelon I burp, when I eat durian my stomach bloats up, when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc — actually all this will not arise if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach. The fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas and hence you will bloat!
Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will NOT happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.
There is no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruits become alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter. If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruits, you have the Secret of beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight.
When you need to drink fruit juice - drink only fresh fruit juice, NOT from the cans. Don't even drink juice that has been heated up. Don't eat cooked fruits because you don't get the nutrients at all. You only get to taste. Cooking destroys all the vitamins.
But eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice. If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it.
You can go on a 3-day fruit fast to cleanse your body. Just eat fruits and drink fruit juice throughout the 3 days and you will be surprised when your friends tell you how radiant you look!
Food as Medicine
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Last week, Hon. Mathias Mpuuga, wrote to me, and informed me that he, together with others, operating under the banner of A4C, planned to carry out a series of activities, culminating in a public rally at the Kololo Independence grounds on Saturday, the 22nd of October, 2011.
In my response, I laid various reasons why it would be inappropriate to hold their activities at this time, including the fact that they had not met the basic requirements for their functions to proceed. A copy of both letters is available for your perusal.
One of the reasons I gave was that I had received petitions from different groups and individuals, with the common concern that the planned activities of Hon. Mpuuga’s group, which included paralyzing of public transport, would grossly infringe on personal liberties, as well as inconveniencing tens of thousands of children sitting their national examinations, the examiners and the schools as well.
I noted the overwhelming public outcry and condemnation that followed the announcement of their plans and, in addition to the other reasons spelt out in my letter, decided that, in the interests of maintaining law and order, and safeguarding life and property, as Police is constitutionally mandated to, stopped the holding of the activities.
At this point, I wish to thank the general public, and specifically the parents, business groups and individuals, who not only expressed their displeasure publicly, but went ahead to shun the unlawful activities of this group. I wish to thank all those who called the Police to report, and those who worked with the Police, to preserve the peace, and maintain law and order.
A few criminal elements, who attempted to disturb the peace, by stoning motorists and blocking the roads, were dealt with swiftly and firmly. As of last evening, a total of 45 persons had been arrested across the country.
I would like, at this point, to address and share with you information, on one issue that has been a key concern for the Government, in relation to the activities and objectives of this spate of orchestrated disorder.
From the outset, the Government insisted that the objective of these agents of chaos was not as noble as they claimed it was. The so-called A4C insisted that they are just ordinary citizens, who are concerned about the rising cost of living and the escalating prices of essential, and they wished to exercise their constitutional right to demonstrate and petition.
Today, I wish to share with the public information, indeed evidence, that the A4C has not been honest with the country, and that its real objective is to plunge the country into chaos, and, in the process, overthrow the Government.
On 23rd of September, 2011, the A4C, led by one of its leaders called Ingrid Turinawe, hosted a group of youth, who they called ‘commanders’ from several areas around Kampala, at their offices along Katonga Road in Kampala.
A recording of the proceedings of this meeting is available, and we are willing to share it with the public.
At this meeting, Ms Ingrid Turinawe, the A4C leader commended the commanders, and singled out the group from Kisseka Market, for their violence in previous incidents, and exhorted them to forcibly stop people from driving during their walk-to-work campaigns, saying, quote, ‘LET ME START WITH PEOPLE FROM KISEKA MARKET ABOUT FORCING CARS TO STOP, BECAUSE CONVINCING THEM TO PARK WILL NOT HELP. THAT ONE, YOU ARE FREE. WHATEVER STRATEGY YOU USE, MAKE SURE THE CAR DOES NOT MOVE. YOU ARE FREE… WHATEVER ERUPTS, LIKE CARS BEING BURNT, IS NOT OUR CONCERN OR RESPONSIBILITY. THE PROPAGANDA WILL BE INTENSIFIED TO PORTRAY THAT SECURITY AGENTS ARE THE ONES BURNING THE CARS. WE SHALL TELL THE PUBLIC THAT ACTIVISTS CANNOT BURN THE CARS NOR DO ANY DAMAGE’.
The meeting further observed that, quote, ‘THE TASK REMAINING IS HOW TO BRING DOWN THIS REGIME’ and resolved that, quote, ‘WE MUST WALK WITHOUT STOPING UNTIL THIS GOVERNMENT FALLS’
Ms Turinawe called on the A4C youth to outsmart the security agencies by causing damage and destroying property at different places at the same, saying, quote, ‘WE SHOULD NOT HAVE POLICE WAITING FOR PEOPLE WALKING AT CITY SQUARE. AS THEY ARE THERE, THEY SHOULD HEAR THAT FIRE IS BURNING IN NATEETE, AND ALL WILL RUSH THERE’
She also disclosed that the A4C intends to cause the disciplined forces to mutiny, and overthrow the Government, quote, ‘THE SECURITY WILL DO A BIG PART FOR US. WE DON’T HAVE GUNS, THEY HAVE THEM. THE DICTATOR WE WANT TO CHASE WILL BE CHASED BY HIS OWN ARMY AND POLICE WHO HAVE THE GUNS. SO FOR US, WE WANT TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH THEY WILL FIND THEMSELVES INEVITABLY INVOLVED AND MESSED UP. SO, JUST DO YOUR PART IN YOUR AREA. WE WANT TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE POLICE WILL ALSO DEMONSTRATE. WE WANT THE POLICE TO JOIN US’.
She further advises, quote, ‘WE HAVE TO USE A LOT OF PROPAGANDA. YOU TELL THE PUBLIC THAT AMERICA IS BEHIND US. THIS BRINGS COURAGE. DON’T TELL THEM ABOUT GUNS. YOU WILL THREATEN THOSE FEARING DEATH. TELL THEM THAT AMERICANS ARE ON BOARD AND MUSEVENI IS FINISHED NOW’.
Clearly, as you can see, the whole intention of the A4C’s post-election campaign is geared at overthrowing the Government through means other than what is provided for by the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. This is a criminal offence called ‘Treason’.
The A4C’s campaign, therefore, is not an innocent, well-meaning campaign as it is portrayed to be by its sponsors and campaigners. It is a deliberate and well planned plot to overthrow the Government. And today, we share proof of this with the public.
The public should be aware that any act done in furtherance of any such plot, is also deemed treason. Any person found associating with, or engaging in any acts that are designed to overthrow the Government, like those being committed by A4C, will be deemed to have committed the same offence as the proponents of the plot.
Consequently, the security agencies jointly instituted an investigation, and, as of this morning, fifteen people have been arrested. We are consulting with the DPP, and they shall soon appear in court.
I call upon the public, especially the innocent youth, not to be duped into committing serious crimes, by self-seeking leaders, whose evil machinations are disguised under the cloak of democracy and alleged exercise of their constitutional rights.
Maj. Gen. Kale Kayihura
Inspector-General of Police
18th October, 2011.
By Dan Price We keep a lot of data on memory cards and USB drives. Often, you might even use a high-capacity USB drive as your prima...
A mushroom-shaped tree 1 A tree in Ficus, Philippines 2 Young mango trees under water 3 The baobab trees...