Saturday, January 12, 2013

Things I Love and Hate About iTunes


iTunes, like so many other great parts of our digital world, has things we love about it and things we hate about it. Sometimes the things we love, we also hate. Here’s my list of things I love and hate about iTunes.
  1. Love: It’s easy to buy songs – Your credit card or your itunes gift card are attached to your account, so that all you have to do to purchase songs is click ‘Download’ and it transfers the song to your computer or your iphone instantly. It’s wonderful!
  2. Hate: Too easy to buy songs – The other side of that story is the fact that it is so easy to do download songs that you do it more often than you would if you were purchasing at a store. It is so easy, that you don’t put as much thought into it and probably buy a lot of music that you wouldn’t have otherwise.
  3. Love: You can buy a song at a time – I love the fact that you can buy just one song at a time, instead of having to buy a whole collection on a CD. You can buy just the songs you want, and they’re usually only .99 each.
  4. Hate: How fast each .99 cent song adds up – Only .99, but it’s amazing how fast those dollars, less one penny, can add up to the same price of a CD. If I’d of had to buy the whole CD for that song, I wouldn’t have bought it at all. Now I’ve boughten 10 songs from ten different CD’s.
  5. Love: I can sync all my devices – I can have all my music on my computer, my ipod, my iphone and my ipad. Every time I add something new in one place, I can add it to the others as well.
  6. Hate: It gives preference to Apple devices – iTunes does play favorites. It’ll let you download to PC instead of a Mac, but you’ll find that it prefers to ‘play ball’ with its own mp3 players rather than the less expensive one that might work just as well.
  7. Love: Having all my music in one place – iTunes keeps all your music well organized in one neat space. You can sort your music by artist or song. I can setup playlists of groups of songs. I can just keep building and building, my music collection.
  8. Hate: Having to keep upgrading my ipod – I hate that I keep running out of room on my ipod and need to keep buying bigger ones to keep up with my growing music collection. I really wish they were more expandable.
  9. Love: That it isn’t just music – It isn’t just music that I can buy and download from itunes. I can sign up for podcasts, TV shows, movies and books too. I can feed on digital media galore!
  10. Hate: It doesn’t have that one song/podcast/show I want – For some reason, the one item I really was hoping to download tonight isn’t available on itunes. They have ‘everything’. How can they not have the one thing I wanted?
Yes, we love and hate our wonderful itunes. But since we keep using it, I guess we must love it more than we hate it. Right?

Source: (http://www.dslserviceproviders.org/blog/10-things-i-love-and-hate-about-itunes/)

No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...