Friday, April 12, 2013

Palm Paintings

Artist is really handy with a brush... as she paints these cute fairytale images on your palm

Svetlana Kolosova, 30, from Moscow, spends hours creating the images
An artist has created a quirky canvas for her fairytale-like paintings - the palm of her hand.
Svetlana Kolosova creates intricate and colourful scenes on her left hand featuring whimsical characters from her imagination.
But they can only last one day before she has to clean them off.

















Intricate: Svetlana Kolosova conjures up her intricate and colourful scenes entirely from her imagination
The 30-year-old from Moscow can spend between one and three hours painstakingly applying the paint to her hand, depending on the complexity of the picture.
She explains: 'I never had a goal to find an unusual canvas for drawings. 
'I have a lot of paintings on canvas and paper, but the drawings on the palms of the hands I invented myself about five years ago.

Ephemeral: It may take hours for artist Svetlana Kolosova to create, but her work gets washed off at the end of the day
Poet and songwriter Svetlana started by drawing Autumn scenes on maple leaves but was inspired to use her hand by her own poems.
'I wanted to draw Autumn scenes on leaves and in my poems leaves are often compared with the palms so I thought why not use my hand as a canvas?'
Svetlana first outlines her plans for the picture with a gel pen and then uses watercolours to complete the painting.


No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...