Thursday, August 18, 2016

CANCER PRINCESS

17-Year-Old With Cancer Just Made A Very Powerful Statement After Losing Her Hair

“Cancer doesn’t stop me being a princess.” That’s the message of 17-year-old Andrea Sierra Salazar, and looking at these photographs, we couldn’t agree more.
Andrea, who lives in Texas, lost her hair due to chemotherapy after being diagnosed with stage 2 nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma. The treatment left the usually-confident teen feeling self-conscious, but when her mother shared her daughter’s story with various modeling agencies, one photographer helped Andrea to rediscover her true beauty. While taking snaps for a photoshoot, Gerardo Garmendia captured the teen in the pictures you can see below, and after sharing one on Twitter, it’s since been liked more than 200k times.
“This journey has taught me to love and accept myself regardless of the way I look,” wrote Andrea on Facebook. “The hair on someone’s head doesn’t define who they are. All girls are princesses, and today I feel beautiful inside and out.”

“There were no side effects,” Andrea told Buzzfeed

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-35

“I wouldn’t have known [I had cancer] until one day I felt like I slept wrong, and my neck hurt”

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-38

“I patted my neck and I felt a really big ball”

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-39

Doctors diagnosed her with stage 2 nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-42

“Before chemotherapy I had always been a confident person,so when my hair started to fall out I would look in the mirror and I wouldn’t feel that confident about myself”

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-36

“Then I realised that I had no reason to be ashamed of the way I looked, I should be proud”

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-41

“It’s not only about my outside beauty, it’s about the inside. That’s what really inspired the photoshoot without the wig”

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-37

“Cancer doesn’t stop me from being a princess,” she wrote

bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-40

We couldn’t agree more


bald-teen-cancer-photoshoot-andrea-sierra-salazar-gerardo-garmendia-30

No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...